HHW Collection Now Available at the El Cerrito Recycling Center -- ONLY ON TUESDAYS.
The City of El Cerrito has partnered with RecycleMore to provide HHW Collection at the El Cerrito Recycling + Environmental Resource Center. This service will be available on Tuesdays ONLY from 9 am to 4 pm (closed for lunch from 12 to 12.30).
To participate, eligible users:
- Must be a resident in the RecycleMore Service area (El Cerrito, Hercules, Pinole, Richmond, San Pablo, and the unincorporated Contra Costa County communities of Bayview, East Richmond Heights, El Sobrante, Montalvin Manor, North Richmond, Rollingwood, and Tara Hills). Kensington residents are now also eligible to use this service.
- Provide proof of residency (license, utility bill, or other current document showing residency)
- You must drive through in a vehicle. Permits will not allow disposal: on foot, on a bicycle, on a motorcycle or in a wheelchair.
Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste includes:
- Garden products (pesticides & fertilizers)
- Propane gas cylinders
- Hazardous aerosols/cleaners/sprays & poisons
- Auto products (gasoline, cleaners, polishes)
- Paints, solvents, thinners, & adhesives
- Photo & pool chemicals
- Mercury thermometers & switches
The HHW material listed above will only be accepted at the El Cerrito Recycling Center on Tuesdays.
For more information: HHW Collection at the El Cerrito Recycling Center.
The West County Resource Recovery HHW facility at 101 Pittsburg Avenue, Richmond takes HHW material on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Please call 1-888-412-9277 for more information. Sorry, the El Cerrito facility cannot accept HHW from the communities of Crockett, Rodeo, and Tormey, which are not part of RecycleMore. Residents from these communities can continue to take their HHW to the West County Resource Recovery HHW facility at 101 Pittsburg Avenue.