The Swim Center is hiring Lifeguards and Swim Instructors to work during the Spring season, typically beginning in March. We offer a flexible schedule that works great for High School or College students. Questions? Please contact Aquatic Supervisor Beth Frazer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online now: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/elcerrito
Get Some great resume experience:
- Lifeguard and monitor up to nine activities with over 450 patrons daily, ensuring the health and safety of each patron and preventing accidents.
- Teach and coach a variety of ages in swimming, developing patron’s skills to feel comfortable and confident in the water while instructing them on the mechanics of swimming and diving.
- Provide customer service to community members including answering questions, registering customers for programs, and enforcing pool policies and procedures in a calm and courteous manner.
- Must be 15 years or older
- Ability to obtain the Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and Administering Emergency Oxygen (not necessary to apply)
- An In-Water Assessment will be given to all applicants, consisting of:
- 500-yard swim. Within the 500 yards, you must attempt to swim each of the 6 strokes: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Sidestroke and Elementary Backstroke (if there is a stroke you do not know, make your best attempt). The remaining 350 yards will be either Freestyle or Breaststroke with rhythmic breathing and no stopping.
- 2 minutes of treading water with no hands.
- Retrieve a 10-pound brick from 13-feet of water.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Apply online at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/elcerrito
- No certification needed to apply!
- Once application is received, you will be contacted via email for an interview
- Take a Lifeguarding Certification class offered by El Cerrito Swim Center. If you are hired, you pay only for the cost of the certification, $45 (class is normally $190)