Application Forms, Submittal Checklists and Information Sheets
- Development Review Application: Required for all planning entitlements that do not have a separate application listed below. Please see the below for the appropriate checklist of submittal requirements for the specific entitlement you are requesting.
- Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs): Many types of ADUs can proceed directly to a Building Permit submittal. Please refer to the City's ADU Regulations (Section 19.20.190 of the Zoning Ordinance) or contact Planning staff to determine if your project can proceed to Building Permit submittal. All other ADUs require an Accessory Dwelling Unit Permit (please use the Development Review Application, above).
- Junior Accessory Dwelling Units (JADUs): JADUs may proceed to a Building Permit submittal. Recordation of a Declaration of Restrictions is required prior to Building Permit issuance.
- Fence Clearance Application: Required before constructing or replacing any residential fence.
- Zoning Information Form: Required for any new or relocated business in El Cerrito. New and relocated businesses also require a business license.
- Home Occupation Permit Application: Required before starting any home business. Home businesses also require a business license.
- Zoning Clearance Application: Request for official City documentation of zoning district and zoning regulations related to a specific property and land use.
- Residential Chicken Clearance: Required permit to keep up to 4 hens on single-family residential properties at least 4,000 square feet in size.
- Honeybee Keeping Clearance: Required permit to keep one beehive on single-family residential properties at least 5,000 square feet in size.
- Unanimous Neighbor Consent Exception: Required for certain exceptions to the requirements for keeping chickens and bees. This application should be submitted in addition to a Residential Chicken Clearance or a Honeybee Keeping Clearance.
- Massage Operators Permit Application: Part I of the Massage Operator’s Permit Application is required for all practitioners of massage. For owners/operators who are not certified by the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC), Part II of the Massage Operator’s Permit Application is required to be filled out. Part II requires a background check. Please review Section 8.10, Massage Businesses, of the El Cerrito Municipal Code for more information about this type of business, use, and regulations.