Application Forms, Submittal Checklists and Information Sheets
refer to thefor application fees for the 2017-18 fiscal year.
Note: all fees increase annually on July 1st based upon the consumer price index.
- Development Review Application: Required for all planning entitlements that do not have a separate application listed below. Please see the below for the appropriate checklist of submittal requirements for the specific entitlement you are requesting.
- Accessory Dwelling Units. In December 2019, the City Council adopted Interim ADU regulations to comply with recent State laws. The City intends to adopt Permanent ADU regulations in 2021. Please contact the Planning Division with any ADU inquiries.
- Fence Clearance Application: Required before constructing or replacing any residential fence.
- Zoning Information Form: Required for any new or relocated business in El Cerrito. New and relocated businesses also require a business license.
- Home Occupation Permit Application: Required before starting any home business. Home businesses also require a business license.
- Zoning Clearance Application: Request for official City documentation of zoning district and zoning regulations related to a specific property and land use.
- Residential Chicken Clearance: Required permit to keep up to 4 hens on single-family residential properties at least 4,000 square feet in size.
- Honeybee Keeping Clearance: Required permit to keep one beehive on single-family residential properties at least 5,000 square feet in size.
- Unanimous Neighbor Consent Exception: Required for certain exceptions to the requirements for keeping chickens and bees. This application should be submitted in addition to a Residential Chicken Clearance or a Honeybee Keeping Clearance.
- Massage Operators Permit Application: Part I of the Massage Operator’s Permit Application is required for all practitioners of massage. For owners/operators who are not certified by the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC), Part II of the Massage Operator’s Permit Application is required to be filled out. Part II requires a background check. Please review Section 8.10, Massage Businesses, of the El Cerrito Municipal Code for more information about this type of business, use, and regulations.
- Administrative Use Permit
- RAD Information Sheet
- Fence Regulations
- Short-Term Rentals
- Inclusionary Zoning