LAP Swim | Water Walking | Independent Exercise
Get in shape in our heated pool! Swimming is a great workout that improves cardiovascular health, tones muscle and helps maintain a healthy weight.
Fitness Swim is not for Families or Swim Lessons
If you had a Monthly Pass last year that expired during the pandemic, we will be offering credits for those passes. The credits will be based on a percentage of how long the pass had until it expired after we shut down on March 13, 2020. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like this credit for your previous pass. Please keep in mind that Punch Passes do not expire, so you can now use those!
new! Annual Pass available for purchase!
Annual Pass is broken into 12 monthly payments, auto-debited on the 1st of the month. There are some great benefits to purchasing the Annual Pass:
- No longer worry about when to buy a new pass! With auto-debited payments, your pass is automatically renewed the first of the month.
- Receive a 5% discount from the 30-Day Pass each month.
- Price includes no usage on holidays and a two week break for repairs or maintenance. Currently this break is not scheduled, if we do not schedule it you get two weeks of free swims!
- Can't purchase it on 9/1? No problem! The Annual Pass is prorated, so you can purchase it any time and only pay for the remainder of that month.
- Purchasing the Annual Pass on 8/30 or 8/31? Pay nothing at check out! You will be auto-debited on 9/1 when the pass goes into effect.
- Check-in at the Swim Window just like you would with any other pass - give your pass number or your last name.
There is a $22 cancellation fee if you cancel before the year is over on 8/31/22.
Purchase the Annual Pass online here and click on "Swim Center Passes"
Schedule starting 5/16-5/29/22~
(6am-8am, 11am-11:55am shared space)
(6am-8am shared space)
(6:45-7:40pm shared space)
(6am-8am, 11am-1:55am shared space)
(8am-12pm shared space)
(10am-1pm shared space)
*Yard maintenance takes place every Monday from 7:30am-9am
**Shallow Lane reserved for Water Walking and ADA accommodations EXCEPT during shared space time.
~Shared space indicates times that others may be using the pool. Please note shared space can occur at ANY time without warning.
Swim Lessons are Saturdays 9am-12pm and Mondays/Wednesdays 4:30pm-7pm.
30-Day Fitness Pass: $96 Res, $119 Non-Res
***Fitness Swim Annual Pass (monthly payments): $91 Res, $113 Non-Res
30-Day Masters Plus Fitness Pass: $133 Res, $166 Non-Res
***Masters Plus Fitness Annual Pass (monthly payments): $125 Res, $155 Non-Res
15-Punch Fitness Pass: $96 Res, $119 Non-Res
15% Senior Discount automatically given for swimmers over 60 years old (not applicable for drop-in)
***Annual Pass is divided into 12 equal payments that are automatically billed on the first of the month. Registering for the Annual Pass gives a 5% discount compared to the 30-Day Pass price. Payments are not based on the number of days in each month, they represent the price of the entire year from 9/1/21 to 8/31/22 divided by 12, which includes no usage on holidays and a two-week maintenance break (currently not scheduled, but price is adjusted for this just in case). If you register for the annual pass after 9/1/21, the first month's price will be prorated accordingly. Cancelling the annual pass will result in a $22 cancellation fee.
High-Use Facility: This is a high-use facility with multiple programs happening at a time. During your reservation or program time, other programs may be occurring that have loud music or amplified sound and take up portions of the pool.
Verification of Residency: Proof of household address may be requested at any time to verify residency. This may be in the form of a utility bill or rental lease.
Swim Center fitness Swim Information
- The Swim Center will not require face coverings to be worn except in the locker rooms by unvaccinated individuals (unless showering), however we HIGHLY encourage unvaccinated individuals to be vaccinated and for everyone to continue wear their face coverings.
- Swimmers may bring their own equipment such as kick boards and pull buoys. The Swim Center offers minimal equipment for use.
- Lockers will be placed along the walls surrounding both pools for customers bags and belongings. Nothing can be placed on tables/chairs on the deck. Customers must place their belongings inside the locker. Please do not lean on the lockers, they are not secured to the walls.
LAP SWIM ETIQUETTE
To avoid conflict and make everyone’s swimming experience more enjoyable, please adhere to the following Lap Swim Etiquette:
- The swimmer entering the lane must inform the swimmer(s) in the lane before entering.
- Swimmers in the lane are required to share or circle swim if it is busy.
- Swimmers that refuse to share/circle must exit the pool when it becomes crowded. Please inform the Lifeguard if someone refuses to share/circle.
Splitting a Lane
- Two swimmers can split a lane. This means each swimmer gets half a lane, and must stay on your half of the lane.
- Once there are 3 or more swimmers in a lane, swimmers are required to follow the circle swim pattern.
- The customary traffic pattern is to stay to the right; that is to swim in a counterclockwise circle in the lane, similar to the way cars drive on the road (see diagram).
- Always swim complete laps of the pool. Avoid stopping in the middle of the lane, this can interfere with the progress of other swimmers and cause collisions.
- At the wall, stay in the corner of the lane, preferably in the right hand corner (from the perspective of the approach to the wall). Other lap swimmers need space to turn, always leave the middle 1/3 of the wall clear for turning purposes.
Passing during Circle Swimming
- Pass on the left hand side.
- A pass must be initiated in time to over-take the slower swimmer before the wall.
- When using kick boards, please be aware of other swimmers in your lane and their needs to pass.
- If you are the slower swimmer and being overtaken at the turn, stop, and wait until the other swimmer has pushed off the wall.
Fitness Swim Information
- One length of the pool is 25 yards. One mile is approximately 72 lengths (or 36 laps).
- Swim caps are not required but are encouraged for swimmers with long hair.
- Recreation swimming and/or playing in the water is not permitted during Fitness Swim.