Easy Ride Paratransit Senior & Disabled Transportation Service
The door-to-door shuttle providing rides to medical appointments, local grocery stores, shopping centers, religious services, personal care appointments, BART stations, attending classes and social visits to friends or family. $3 per ride. Our service area spans El Cerrito city limits.
- Friendly staff
- Low-cost fare compared to local agencies.
- Efficient and convenient for local appointments.
- Less wait time versus using public transportation.
UPDATE! EXTENDED SERVICE AREA!
Easy Ride has extended it's service area to include limited locations outside of El Cerrito city limits. Expanded service locations include Target, Grocery Outlet, COSTCO, and Pacific East Mall/Ranch 99 in Richmond as well as Albany Oral Surgery and Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation Care Center in Albany. Rides to these locations remain $3 each way.
HOURS of Service
- Monday Tuesday and Thursday: 10AM-2PM
- Wednesday 12:40-1:40PM (Limited hours due to senior meal delivery program)
HOW TO APPLY
- During COVID-19 Easy Ride trips will be single rider trips with the exception being two riders living in the same household.
- All riders must wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
- If you are not feeling well or are having any COVID-like symptoms, you will not be permitted to use the service.
- Cleaning/disinfecting of the vehicle will be done before and after each rider
- All trips are require advance scheduling.
Scheduling a Ride
- Call (510) 559-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a ride.
- *Reservations can be made one day in advance up to two weeks in advance.
*Please be advised that reservations are based on driver's availability and in some cases, social programs/activities may impact availability of transportation.
- Payment for rides are processed by using a shuttle ticket system.
- Shuttle ticket books are available for purchase for $30 (10-tickets per book; $3 per ticket)
- Ticket books can be purchased at the El Cerrito Community Center or requested to be delivered at the time of a scheduled ride.
- Ticket books be purchased via cash, check or money order made out to "City of El Cerrito"
- Payment required at the time of pickup.
- 1st occurrence on any no-show will receive a verbal warning.
- 2nd occurrence will receive a letter detailing the 1st and 2nd occurrence.
- 3rd occurrence will result in suspension of service.
- Riders must be able to carry no more than 2-3 bags/packages on their own.
- Bags must fit at the feet of the rider.
- Bags should not exceed 10 pounds total.
- Drivers will not be able to help carry packages that exceeds the weight limit or take them inside living accommodations or facilities.
- Masks are required for everyone regardless of vaccination status.