The City of El Cerrito offers a limited number of scholarships supported by donations for its recreational and childcare programs to assist families in need of providing safe, high quality recreation and childcare programs for their children.
Scholarships are offered in the form of a reduced payment for recreational classes, programs and afterschool enrichment classes and for child care.
*Scholarships granted are typically up to $150.00 per child one year from the initial award date. The parent/guardian must pay a minimum of 25% co-payment for each activity or class that you are registering for.
*We have expanded our scholarship program for the Special Summer Camp Sessions 2 & 3. If your experiencing a financial hardship and would like to attend camp, please complete the application below.
To apply for a scholarship, fill out the attached form and submit one of the following options:
1. Proof from the school district that your child is eligible for free or reduced price meals.
2. Proof that your family is receiving public assistance such as Food Stamps, CalWORKS assistance, or TANF (Temporary Aid to Needy Families) or WIC.
3. Proof that the child is a foster child and/or a child who is a ward of the state.
4. A copy of your last Federal Income Tax Return showing that you fall under the following income eligibility guidelines (Federal Income Guidelines - Reduced Price Meals)
5. Written request to the Recreation Director stating your special situation.