Housing Programs Overview
The mission of the Housing Program is to foster the creation of high-quality affordable housing at all income levels and for a variety of needs. The Housing staff administers housing policy and programs, and offers information about affordable housing opportunities in the City of El Cerrito.
- View the list of affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Learn more about new affordable housing opportunities being created in El Cerrito.
- Learn about the Housing Element update (for 2015 to 2023)
- Learn more about the City's Affordable Housing Strategy that was adopted by City Council on August 15, 2017.
Learn more about community housing resources:
- Look up resources for finding affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Find help with housing issues such as foreclosure or tenant/landlord counseling.
- Find housing-related City documents.
- Contact us with another housing-related question
Affordable HOUSING NEWS
On March 21st, Community Development staff held a study session with the Planning Commission on Inclusionary Zoning, and on April 18th a draft Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance will be presented. Inclusionary zoning is a method of leveraging private market-rate development to contribute towards affordable housing. Inclusionary Zoning is a policy identified in the City's Affordable Housing Strategy adopted in 2017. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Date: April 18, 2018
Location: City Hall, Council Chambers, 10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito
March 21, 2018 - Planning Commission
Study Session Presentation