The mission of the Housing Program is to foster the creation of high-quality affordable housing at all income levels and for a variety of needs. The Housing staff administers housing policy and programs, and offers information about affordable housing opportunities in the City of El Cerrito.
- View the list of affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Learn more about new affordable housing opportunities being created in El Cerrito.
- Learn about the Housing Element update (for 2015 to 2023)
- Learn more about the City's Affordable Housing Strategy that was adopted by City Council on August 15, 2017.
Learn more about community housing resources:
- Look up resources for finding affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Find help with housing issues such as foreclosure or tenant/landlord counseling.
- Find housing-related City documents.
- Contact us with another housing-related question
Affordable HOUSING NEWS
Affordable Housing Wait list Opportunities
The Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa will be opening the Project Based Voucher Waiting Lists for 10 properties located in the City of Richmond. Pre-applications will be accepted on-line at www.contracostahousing.org beginning February 10, 2020 at 10AM through February 13, 2020 at 4PM. Thereafter, the wait lists will be closed until the waiting list have been exhausted. The flyer below provides the details for the opening.
February 2020 Wait List Flyer (English) - Housing Authority of Contra Costa County
February 2020 Wait List Flyer (Spanish) - Housing Authority of Contra Costa County
February 2020 Affordable Housing Opportunities - All Bay Area Counties
To learn about future affordable housing opportunities, please subscribe to our Community Development Department E-Newsletter here.
TENANT PROTECTIONS: CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Developer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)