Adult ProgramS and services
Welcome! Bienvenue! Dobro Pozhalovat! Bienvenido!
The El Cerrito Midtown Activity Center is committed to improving the quality of life for older adults. Staff and volunteers strive to provide a variety of programs and services for the vigorous and independent person as well as the frail and vulnerable in the most integrated setting possible. We value and respect everyone’s right to age in place.
The El Cerrito Midtown Activity Center is home to a wide variety of fun programs, interesting classes, great services, and so much more! Come get to know us, meet new and old friends, and enjoy some of our exciting opportunities:
ESSENTIAL SENIOR SERVICES DURING COVID-19 SHELTER-IN-PLACE
CC Café To-Go Lunch Program (ages 60+)
Weekly meals consisting of 7 frozen or emergency meals, will be available to seniors ages 60+ years old by request and as available.
- Orders must be placed no later than 10am on the Monday prior to delivery.
- Meals will be delivered to the homes of senior participants living in El Cerrito on Tuesdays between 11:15am – 12:30pm.
- Non-El Cerrito resident senior participants must pick up their meals at the Midtown Activity Center, 10940 San Pablo Ave in El Cerrito between 11-11:30am on Tuesdays.
- To place an order for the weekly meals, call (510) 559-7677 or email email@example.com.
- To ensure your safety as well as the safety of the driver, meals will not be handed to you directly, they will be placed on your doorstep.
NOTE: Seniors new to the CC Café Lunch program will need to complete registration paperwork to receive meals. Call (510) 559-7677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Registration forms can also be downloaded from our website: http://el-cerrito.org/rECsources.
Easy Ride Paratransit Service (Essential Transportation ONLY)
El Cerrito Residents ages 65+ & disabled residents 18+
Easy Ride Paratransit Service is available to El Cerrito Residents ages 65+ and residents with disabilities ages 18+ for essential transportation to medical appointments and grocery store trips within El Cerrito boundaries.
- Rides are limited to M/W/F between 12:30-2:30pm.
- Grocery shopping trips during reserved senior shopping times will take place Tuesday mornings between 7:30am-10am.
- All trips require advance reservation. Registration in the Easy Ride Paratransit program is required.
Note: To schedule an Easy Ride Paratransit Essential Transportation trip or register for the program, call (510) 559-7677 or email email@example.com. Voicemail messages will be returned M-F between the hours of 10am-2pm. Leave a detailed message your name, phone number and requested trip date and location.
Meals on Wheels (ages 60+)
Home delivered meals for Seniors 60+ may be available through the Meals on Wheels home delivered meals program (subject to availability). Call (510) 412-0166 for more information.
Sat, Mar 14 - Mon, May 4
Wed, Apr 15
Tue, May 5