COVID-19 Note: Extra-large items will not be taken during the COVID-19 pandemic, as only one crew member at a time will be picking up curbside materials.
One time per calendar year (January through December), households and businesses within El Cerrito can arrange an Annual Clean-up for certain materials to be collected at curbside:
- Recycling - Contact El Cerrito Recycling at 510-215-4350 or to arrange a pick-up, typically scheduled to occur on a Thursday between 8am and 4pm. Arrange at least one week in advance.
- Garbage and Green Waste - Contact East Bay Sanitary at 510-237-4321 or email@example.com to arrange a pick-up, typically scheduled on your regular curbside solid waste pick-up day.
Items Accepted for Recycling Annual Clean-Up:
- 12 bags / bundles of sorted recyclable materials (Paper, Books, Bottles, Cans, etc.), no heavier than 25 lbs. each, in clear or paper bags or boxes; and
- Bundled Cardboard, no larger than 36x36 inches; and
- 1 large electronic item (like an old TV or Monitor) or 3 small ones (CPUs, Phones, etc.)
Please Note: We will not pick up loose cardboard and are not responsible for cleaning the street if materials are improperly bagged or bundled.
Items NOT Accepted for Recycling Annual Clean-Up (partial list):
- Refrigerators, Air Conditioners
- Styrofoam / EPS #6
- Mattresses, Box Springs
- Wooden Bed Frames and Furniture
- Household Hazardous Waste / HHW, for example: paint, chemicals, ballasts, smoke alarms, gasoline, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes and CFLs: Fluorescent tubes and CFLs from residents within the RecycleMore service area are accepted at the El Cerrito Recycling Center.
- Styrofoam / EPS #6. Styrofoam peanuts are best reused and can be taken to some shipping stores.
We are no longer able to accept appliances