Request for Qualifications/Proposals
The City of El Cerrito undertook a two-step qualifications and proposal process to narrow down experienced development teams for the development of three parcels with a combined size of approximately 68,500 square feet. The parcels are located in a prime location for transit-oriented development (TOD), at the major intersection of San Pablo Avenue and Cutting Boulevard adjacent to the Del Norte BART station, one block from Interstate 80 and the Cutting Boulevard on and off-ramps. The City asked respondents to submit development concepts that conform with the San Pablo Avenue Specific Plan and provide5-6 stories of mixed-use development with a portion of the ground floor devoted to commercial uses and high-density residential above, and encouraged the inclusion of affordable housing units.
The Mayfair Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was issued and we received a total of 11 submittals. Three development teams, listed below, were selected to advance to the short-list proposal stage. Responses to the Request for Proposals (RFP) were due on June 2, 2016 and the City and review committee selected the Holliday Development and Bridge Housing development team to move forward.
See the documents below for more information about the RFQ/RFP process, selection criteria and timing.
Development Team Finalist Proposal Submittal
Development Team Short-List Qualifications Submittal
- The John Stewart Company, Equity Community Builders, and Kenwood Investments
- Holliday Development and BRIDGE Housing
- ROEM Development Corporation
Responses and Amended Documents
Posted on March 16, 2016:
- Responses to Questions from March 15, 2016 Mayfair Site Meeting
- List of March 15, 2016 Mayfair Site Meeting Attendees
- Amended Table 3 (RFQ & RFP Process and Timing (revised 3/16/16)
Resource Documents Available
- Mayfair RFP
- Sample ENRA
- Mayfair RFQ
- San Pablo Avenue Specific & Complete Streets Plan
- Long Range Property Management Plan
- SECOR Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment
- Urban Greening Plan
- Urban Greening Plan - Focus Area #10
- Climate Action Plan (See especially Chapter 3: Community Climate Action Strategies)
- Ohlone Greenway Master Plan
- 2016 Active Transportation Plan
- Master Fee Schedule
- 2012 National Citizen's Survey
- Planned Cutting/SPA Multimodal Improvements
- Planned Hill/SPA Multimodal Improvements
For more information, please contact Community Development Analyst Katherine Ahlquist at (510) 214-4360 and Community Development Director, Melanie Mintz at (510) 215-4339.