Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Posts
Posted on February 11, 2014 at 1:40 PM by Suzanne Iarla
In addition to the 1,043 hours of online training, El Cerrito Firefighters recorded 12,510 hours of training in an array of training categories that included 690 hours of emergency medical training and 1,004 hours of physical fitness training which once again demonstrates their dedication and commitment to serving our communities.
As we look ahead to 2014, we will continue to build on previous years’ training in order to plan for another year of well-rounded, dynamic training that will include the following additions to increase firefighter safety and operational aptitude:
• Trauma certification training for paramedics
• Rapid Intervention Crew (RIC) training
• Large Area Search (LAS) training
• Gas and electrical safety training with P.G. & E.
• Joint operations training with Albany Fire Department
• Accountability training to increase firefighter safety
• Communications training for East Bay Regional Communications System (EBRCS)
• Train/BART familiarization and response training
• Advanced training with Chevron Fire Department
• Automatic Cardiac Compression Device (ACCD) training (grant awarded)
• Extensive truck training for new aerial (grant awarded)
Moreover, we look to expand our training partnerships with West Contra Costa County agencies including Chevron and East Bay Regional Parks District with classroom training, field training and advanced training which will include new hire training in Texas funded by Chevron. In 2014 we will open a new regional training facility in West Contra Costa County that will allow ECFD personnel to receive an array of training with a multitude of agencies. Lastly, one very big goal for 2014 will be for the Training Division to complete a written one year training plan which will allow us to better plan and facilitate training in 2014 and beyond.
Read more about the Fire Dept. accomplishments in 2013 at: http://www.el-cerrito.org/index.aspx?nid=185