Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
NOTICE INVITING BIDS
EL CERRITO DEL NORTE TRANSIT-ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT (TOD) COMPLETE STREETS
CONTRACT NUMBER: C-4014
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of El Cerrito, Contra Costa County, California, will receive sealed bids before 2:00 p.m., on Thursday, October 26, 2023 in the Office of the City Clerk: 10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito, California, 94530, at which time said bids will be publicly opened and read.
3. The work to be done consists of furnishing all materials, equipment, tools, labor, and incidentals as required by the Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents for the above stated project. The general items of work to be done hereunder consist of:
Construction of curbs, gutters, sidewalks, pedestrian ramps, street lights, traffic signals, drainage, seal coat, striping, landscaping, and irrigation as shown on the Plans, as called for in the Special Provisions, and as directed by the Engineer.
4. The classification of Contractor’s license required in the performance of this Contract is Class A.
5. Pursuant to the provisions of Section 1773 of the Labor Code of the State of California, the City has obtained the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work in this locality for each craft, classification or type of workman needed to execute the contract from the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations. These rates are available at the following website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR/PWD/index.htm and are a part of the Contract Documents.
All contractors and subcontractors who bid or work on a public works project must register and pay an annual fee to the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) pursuant to California Labor Code section 1725.5. Information regarding DIR registration can be found at the following website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/public-works/publicworks.html.
In accordance with Section 1771.1 of the California Labor Code, a contractor or subcontractor shall not be qualified to bid on, be listed in a bid proposal, subject to the requirements of Section 4104 of the Public Contract Code, or engage in the performance of any contract for public work, as defined in this chapter, unless currently registered and qualified to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5. It is not a violation of this section for an unregistered contractor to submit a bid that is authorized by Section 7029.1 of the Business and Professions Code or by Section 10164 or 20103.5 of the Public Contract Code, provided the contractor is registered to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5 at the time the contract is awarded. No contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for public work
on a public works project (awarded on or after April 1, 2015) unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to California Labor Code section 1725.5. In accordance with Section 1771.4 of the California Labor Code, this Project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations.
The Federal minimum wage rates for this project as predetermined by the United States Secretary of Labor. This can be found at: https://www.dol.gov/.
If there is a difference between the minimum wage rates predetermined by the Secretary of Labor and the general prevailing wage rates determined by the Director of the California Department of Industrial Relations for similar classifications of labor, the Contractor and subcontractors shall pay not less than the higher wage rate. The Department will not accept lower State wage rates not specifically included in the Federal minimum wage determinations. This includes "helper" (or other classifications based on hours of experience) or any other classification not appearing in the Federal wage determinations. Where Federal wage determinations do not contain the State wage rate determination otherwise available for use by the Contractor and subcontractors, the Contractor and subcontractors shall pay not less than the Federal minimum wage rate which most closely approximates the duties of the employees in question.
6. The successful bidder shall be required to furnish a labor and materials bond and a faithful performance bond in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the amount of the Contract
7. Pursuant to Section 22300 of the Public Contract Code, the Contract will contain provisions permitting the successful bidder to substitute securities for any monies withheld by the City of El Cerrito to ensure performance under the Contract.
8. Each bidder must submit the following documents with its sealed bid: all Proposal pages including but not limited to federally required forms.
9. The Engineer’s estimate for construction is $9.5 million for the base bid. The estimate with all alternatives is $10.3 million.
10. A mandatory pre-bid conference will be held at the City Offices at 10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito, CA 94530, at 2:00 p.m., on October 11, 2023. ONLY BIDDERS THAT ATTEND A MANDATORY PREBID CONFERENCE ARE QUALIFIED TO BID ON THIS PROJECT. Bidder’s attendance will be determined by the Bidder’s representative’s signature on the City’s Pre-Bid Conference Sign-In Sheet.
11. A Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal of 22% has been determined for this project. Bidder’s attention is directed to the Federal Provisions included in the contract documents for details pertaining to compliance with Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program requirements for this project.
DATED: September 25th, 2023
Yvetteh Ortiz, P.E.
Public Works Director / City Engineer
Published in West County Times: September 28th and October 5th, 2023
(If there is a material change, addition or deletion to the invitation to bid within 72 hours of the scheduled bid opening time, the bid opening time must be extended for at least 72 additional hours—PCC § 4104.5.)