The City Clerk's office strives to provide exceptional service to all residents of the City of El Cerrito, the City Council, city staff and other public agencies. Our primary goal is to preserve the public's trust in government by ensuring the city's legislative process' are transparent, accurate and timely; safeguarding the legislative history of the city; administering open elections; and delivering timely information and services.
The City Clerk performs all mandated functions under the United States Constitution, the Constitution of the State of California, California Government and Election Codes, and the City of El Cerrito Municipal Code. The City Clerk serves as clerk for the City Council, Redevelopment Agency, and Municipal Services Corporation; oversees preparation and noticing of agendas, records, and official legislative history; manages the citywide records program; acts as filing officer for the California Fair Political Practices Commission; is the elections official for conduct of municipal elections; and performs a variety of other administrative duties for the City Council, Redevelopment Agency Board, Municipal Services Corporation, and City Manager.
Primary functions of the office include:
- City Council Support and Meeting Administration
- Boards, Commissions, and Committee Members Administration
- Conducting Municipal Elections
- Filing Officer for Campaign and Conflict of Interest Statements
- Passport Acceptance Facility
- Public Information and Citywide Records Management
- Recordation, Preservation, and Maintenance of the City's Legislative History