About the Division
The Human Resources Division develops, implements, supports, and manages a comprehensive human resources function to ensure quality service to the organization and to the community. The Human Resources Division provides services, information, and analyses to the public, City Council, and all management and non-management employees. This is accomplished by:
- Developing and maintaining human resources policies to support the effective and efficient operations of the organization and to maintain legal compliance
- Determining and coordinating unbiased recruitment and selection processes
- Maintaining the City's classification and compensation plans
- Leading and/or supporting the meet and confer process with employee organizations
- Providing labor relations oversight to promote equitable and ethical treatment of the workforce and reduce liability
- Coordinating and monitoring citywide training and the City's central safety program
- Processing and monitoring workers' compensation claims
- Maintaining personnel and related records
- Providing professional staff support to commissions and committees, as assigned
Learn more about what it's like to work for the City of El Cerrito by watching the following videos, showcasing the El Cerrito community and organization:
- "Welcome to Vibrant & Diverse El Cerrito"
- "Discover the Perks of Working for the City of El Cerrito"
- "Quality of Life in El Cerrito"
The City of El Cerrito is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, national origin, sex, age, creed, religion, physical or mental impairment, sexual preference, marital status or political affiliation. It is the policy of the City of El Cerrito that all employment decisions and personnel policies will be applied equally to all City employees and applicants and be based upon the needs of City service, job related merit, and ability to perform the job.