In past surveys, residents have told us that they want:• To continue the responsiveness and quality of our 9-1-1, fire protection, and emergency medical services
• To maintain our parks and playfields
• To preserve our library programs for all ages in a safe and energy-efficient library
• To offer after-school programs for children and teens
• To provide for seniors in our own senior center
What we know:
• Funding is well below what is necessary for facilities, parks and playfields.
• Current budget will likely maintain police vacancies.
• The City has no emergency reserves for natural disaster preparedness.
• El Cerrito, like most cities, has long term significant unfunded pension liabilities.
• Another source of revenue is necessary to meet community needs.