Economic Development Division
- Facilitate private investment by property owners, developers, and businesses, which will benefit the community through increased and diversified tax revenues, access to new local jobs, housing, and goods and services
- Provide customer-friendly, responsive, efficient, and accurate services to developers and businesses
- Use economic development tools to help attract, retain, and improve existing and new businesses, and fiscal conditions in El Cerrito
- Improve the aesthetics of the commercial areas
- Invest in public improvements to serve the community and encourage private investment
- Develop affordable housing programs and projects throughout the community to address the great need for such housing
vision for san pablo avenue
The Economic Development Committee is Recruiting!
The City's Economic Development Committee is looking for new members to help advise City Council on economic development matters, make recommendations on the annual economic development work plan, provide input to other city boards and commissions, review progress towards achieving long range economic development goals, encourage community involvement, and serve as a resource to residents, businesses and other community members.
The Economic Development Committee meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at 7:00p.m. in El Cerrito City Hall's Hillside (upstairs) Conference room. For more information, please visit the Economic Development Committee webpage.
To apply, please submit an application online.
Please visit the links below to find resources for businesses and other services in Contra Costa County:
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Contra Costa Small Business Development Center
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center
- Food Service Technology Center
- East Bay Express Good Local Money Guide (2015)
- CalCAP/ADA – Private loans to small businesses to support Americans with Disabilities Act compliance
- CalCAP/EVCS – Private loans to small businesses to support installation and acquisition of electric vehicle infrastructure
- Market Analytics
- CA Department of Tax & Fee Administration has information about programs, how to register for permits/licenses, and how to file/report correctly.
- CalGold assist business owners in finding permit/contact information for various agencies that administer/issue permits.