El Cerrito Passport Acceptance Facility Information
The El Cerrito City Clerk’s Office is designated as an authorized United States Passport Acceptance Facility and is now accepting applications for passport books and the passport card. We will accept your application for a passport and forward all forms and documents to the U.S. Department of State, where your passport will be processed. The Passport Acceptance Office is located at El Cerrito City Hall on the 2nd floor. The Passport Acceptance Office is open on:
- Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. by walk-ins only
For children (under 16)
Two (2) parent consent is required for all children and original certified birth certificate of the children must be submitted including renewals (both parents are required to appear with children up to age 16). Use Form DS-11 .
Age 16 and 17
You must apply in person using Form DS-11 and accompany by one parent or show parental awareness. Please call 510-215-4371 or visit Applicants Age 16 and 17 on Travel.State.Gov website for specific instructions.
For adult renewals (adults over the age of 18):
Travel.State.Gov for more information on applications and passport policies, and to check application status.
What you need to bring when applying in person:
- Passport application (application should be unsigned) - Form DS-11.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship - such as one of the following:
- Original certified Birth Certificate issued by the city, county, or state (no photocopies). Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must also include the full names of the applicant's parent(s).
- Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Original Naturalization Certificate
- Original Certificate of Citizenship
- Original expired U.S. passport
- Personal photo identification (driver's license, passport, school ID)
- Photocopy of photo identification (front and back)
- Current passport if applicable
- One 2 x 2 color passport photo
- Supporting documents in regard to name change, adoption, assumed name, sole custody of a minor, or legal guardianship of a minor
- Passport application fee (payable by check or money order to the U.S. Department of State) Click here for Fee Table.
- City of El Cerrito execution fee of $25 (payable by credit card, debit card, cash, or check)
For More Information
Contact , Administrative Clerk Specialist