El Cerrito's Climate Action Plan
The City Council adopted the El Cerrito Climate Action Plan on May 21, 2013.Prepared by the City’s Community Development Department, the Climate Action Plan (CAP) assists the City Council and the community in determining the best avenues of action to reduce locally produced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and to create a safer and more sustainable El Cerrito. The City of El Cerrito adopted targets to reduce GHG emissions by 15% below 2005 levels by 2020 and 30% below 2005 levels by 2035.
The Climate Action Plan (CAP) can be downloaded below.
Final Climate Action PlanDownload document (excluding appendices) - large PDF
Or, download by section: (all PDF)
Executive Summary (and table of contents)
Chapter 1: Climate Change in Context
Chapter 2: El Cerrito's Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Chapter 3: Community Climate Action Strategies
Chapter 4: Municipal Climate Action Strategies
Chapter 5: Personal Climate Action
Chapter 6: Implementation
Summary of Public Comments
Hardcopies of this document is also available for public review during regular business hours at:
- El Cerrito City Hall, 10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito
- El Cerrito Library, 6510 Stockton Avenue, El Cerrito
Related Documents and Presentations:
- Climate Action Plan Implementation Report - Presentation to the Environmental Quality Committee, June 11, 2019. Download the presentation.
- GHG Inventory Presentation to the Environmental Quality Committee, May 9, 2017. Download the presentation.
- Progress Update on the Climate Action Plan to City Council, Sept. 20, 2010. Download the presentation or view the webcast.
- El Cerrito's GHG Inventory and Carbon Footprint - a presentation to the Environmental Quality Committee on El Cerrito's 2005 Baseline GHG Inventory. Download the presentation.
- Documents from the community workshops on climate action strategies held in fall 2010.
- Workshop #1 (Oct. 26, 2010) - Introduction to the Climate Action Plan, General Community Strategies. Download the presentation or notes from the workshop.
- Workshop #2 (Nov. 12, 2010) - Land Use and Transportation Strategies. Download the presentation or notes from the workshop.
- Workshop #3 (Dec. 2, 2010) - Community Energy Strategies. Download the presentation or notes from the workshop.
- Adoption of GHG Reduction Emissions Targets by City Council (Feb. 22, 2011). Download the Council Agenda Bill, presentation, or view the webcast.
- CEQA Review Documents (Feb. 12, 2013)