FY 2021-2022 BUDGET Process
WHAT IS A BUDGET?
A city budget is a planning tool that matches the services desired by the community to the estimated resources available to provide those services, such as police, fire, recreation, community development, public works, and administrative services. El Cerrito’s budget provides a detailed plan for the next fiscal year, as well as forecasts to anticipate future needs and opportunities.
The City of El Cerrito provides valuable information to the community in order to enhance knowledge and increase transparency. The Financial Transparency Site is one way in which we intend to meet this goal.
Finance Department is to manage, support, and facilitate quality customer support, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, and the audit of the City of El Cerrito and to enhance the delivery of financial information to the organization and to the community.
Click here for information on the report issued by the California State Auditor on the City's financial condition as well as the City's response and next steps.
Amended FY 2020-2021 BUDGET
The FY 2020-2021 Amended Budget Book was approved during October 6, 2020 City Council meeting. The City Council continues to review the budget during each City Council meeting.
Upcoming Virtual Town Hall
CONCURRENT COMMUNITY TOWN HALL BUDGET MEETING AND SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Saturday, April 10, 2021 10 A.M. - 12 Noon
Join via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/93140504450?pwd=eWxGdkR2MGJPcjZuQVdBYmM0dVRHdz09
Join By Phone: US: 1 408 638 0968
Webinar ID: 931 4050 4450 Passcode: 610479
ROLE OF THE Financial Advisory Board
The Financial Advisory Board ("FAB") is a group of residents appointed to review the proposed annual (or biennial) budget and long-term financial plan for the City, in order to assist the City Council in making decisions on major expenditures and revenue sources. The FAB meets monthly and the public is welcome to attend.
2021 Financial updates to the City Council
- 4.6.2021 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for February 2021
- 3.16.2021 General Fund Long Term Financial Forecast and Budget Study Session
- 3.2.2021 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for January 2021
- 2.16.2021 FY 2020-21 Mid-Year Budget Update
- 2.16.2021 FY2019-20 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) Presentation
- 2.16.2021 Transmittal of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the year ending June 30, 2020
- 2.2.2021 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for December 2020
- 1.19.2021 FY 2020-21 Second Quarter Cash and Investment Report
- 1.19.2021 REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY SUCCESSOR AGENCY ITEM Approve Draft Annual Recognized Obligations Payment Schedule July 1 2021 to June 30 2022
- 12.15.2020 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for November 2020
- 11.17.2020 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for October 2020
- 10.20.2020 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for July through September 2020
- 10.20,.2020 FY 2020-21 First Quarter Cash and Investment Report
- October 6, 2020 Amended FY 2020-2021 Budget (to be approved)