Housing Programs Overview
The mission of the Housing Program is to foster the creation of high-quality affordable housing at all income levels and for a variety of needs. The Housing staff administers housing policy and programs, and offers information about affordable housing opportunities in the City of El Cerrito.
- View the list of affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Learn more about new affordable housing opportunities being created in El Cerrito.
- Learn about the Housing Element update (for 2015 to 2023)
- Learn more about the City's Affordable Housing Strategy that was adopted by City Council on August 15, 2017.
Learn more about community housing resources:
- Look up resources for finding affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Find help with housing issues such as foreclosure or tenant/landlord counseling.
- Find housing-related City documents.
- Contact us with another housing-related question
Affordable HOUSING NEWS
In August 2017 City Council adopted the Affordable Housing Strategy, that builds on the 2015-2023 Housing Element, which evaluates and recommends various policies to address our affordable housing needs that could be advanced in the near and medium-term. On March 21, 2018, the Planning Commission will hold a study session regarding inclusionary zoning, which is a method of leveraging private market-rate development to contribute towards affordable housing goals through either providing affordable units or contributing in-lieu fees which would be used towards development of new affordable housing. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Date: March 21, 2018
Location: City Hall, Council Chambers, 10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito