The mission of the Housing Program is to foster the creation of high-quality affordable housing at all income levels and for a variety of needs. The Housing staff administers housing policy and programs, and offers information about affordable housing opportunities in the City of El Cerrito.
- View the list of affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Learn more about new affordable housing opportunities being created in El Cerrito.
- Learn about the Housing Element update (for 2015 to 2023)
Learn more about community housing resources:
- Look up resources for finding affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Find help with housing issues such as foreclosure or tenant/landlord counseling.
- Find housing-related City documents.
- Contact us with another housing-related question
Affordable HOUSING NEWS
CA COVID‐19 Rent Relief Available to Income Eligible Households
- Community Housing Development Corporation of North Richmond: (510) 215-2515
- Northern California Land Trust: (510) 548-7878
- Richmond Neighborhood Housing Services, Inc.: (510) 334-7750
- SHELTER, Inc.: (925) 349-0571
Events: Workshops and Webinars
ECHO Housing is hosting a series of two workshops that will help you determine if you are ready for homeownership. Learn how to create a budget, repair credit, and become a successful homeowner. This is a virtual event and registration is available here or by visiting www.echofairhousing.org.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING WAITLIST OPPORTUNITIES
Rosefiled Village - 727 Buena Vista Avenue, Alameda: Island City Development is accepting applications for 68 new affordable units. Applications are due by February 7, 2022 at 5pm. Visit the Alameda County Housing Portal at for information on how to apply.
: Available Rooms Catalog (January 2022)
If you see something of interest, contact Home Match at 925-956-7385 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TENANT PROTECTIONS: CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
The Contra Costa Housing Services Collaborative offers comprehensive housing services, including tenant/landlord counseling as well as fair housing to County residents at no cost. For legal consultation or representation, please contact Centro Legal at CCTR@centrolegal.org or 510-437-1554.
Developer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)