The City wants the Center to be welcoming to all community members. Below are the Rules of Conduct for all customers.
Please ask any City staff or give us a call at 510-215-4350.
- Visits limited to 2 hours per person per day
- Parking limited to 30 minutes in the Center, longer parking on Schmidt Lane
- Supervise your children and leave pets at home or safely in your car
- Only Drop-off items that are accepted by the City, see staff for details
- Do not get in or move any equipment or enter staff areas
- Do not take more than 1 file box of items from the Exchange Zone per day
- Do not take any items from other customers or vehicles
without permit allowed only in specially marked areas -- bicycles, packaging, planters, and the Center's Exchange Zone
taking items for personal reuse.
The Center allows limited salvaging by individuals with permit. [fee applies] Use of the Recycling Center is at your own risk. All items taken are “as is.” The City is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by items taken for reuse, and persons using the Center agree, as a condition of taking the items, to indemnify the City and hold it harmless from any and all claims of damage related to the items.