Online Police Reporting
Welcome to the El Cerrito Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the El Cerrito Police Department City limits?
- There are no known suspects?
- This did not occur on a State Freeway?
- This did not occur at a BART Station?
- This did not happen at Home Depot (Contact the Richmond Police Department.)
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
Property Damage or Graffiti, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, Theft of Property excluding vehicle or auto theft.
(These types of incidents are defined on the next page.)
If you are the victim of Identity Theft (i.e., your ATM or credit card being used, accounts being opened in your name), please contact our Dispatch Center and report this crime to an officer in person. We don't accept Identity Theft reports via online reporting. Often times there are associated documents that we may need to examine to complete a through investigation and we would like to provide you with information to help resolve the issue.
If someone illegally entered your open garage, shed or other building and stole your property, please contact our Dispatch Center so that an officer can respond. We would like to process the scene for evidence and check for witnesses.
Begin Online Report
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the El Cerrito Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 510-233-1214) to file your report.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.